Author Topic: Controlled Explosion At Stansted.  (Read 863 times)

Offline Sneaky_Nikon

• G8 Contact Group
  • Air Vice-Marshal
  • Local Airport: EGAE/AA
  • Favourite Aircraft: Cold War jets
Controlled Explosion At Stansted.
« on: October 30, 2021, 09:04:03 PM »
Passengers in the security area at Stansted Airport were evacuated this afternoon amid reports of a suspicious package.

Essex Police say a cordon was set up after the package was found in the security area.

In the last few minutes Essex Police confirmed that a controlled explosion had been carried out.

https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2021-10-30/stansted-airport-passengers-evacuated-over-suspicious-package
Architect, Architect. VENGEANCE one one on fours.....

Offline jasT1981

• G8 Contact Group
  • Air Chief Marshal
    • Airshows NI
  • Favourite Aircraft: Avro Lancaster
  • Camera Used: Canon EOS 700D & EOS 2000D
Re: Controlled Explosion At Stansted.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2021, 02:10:31 AM »
Someone obviously had all their liquids packed correctly in 100ml bottles and in a see through bag. Security, seeing this obviously got spooked at seeing something they didn't know how to process.  ;D ;D

Glad nothing serious happened though. Feel sorry for those having to wait outside when it was evacuated. I like Stansted but it can get very cramped inside when busy so going by photos they were packing everyone outside into the halls leading from the train station to the buses and that would be terrible to be stuck in for 3 hours.

Offline Sneaky_Nikon

• G8 Contact Group
  • Air Vice-Marshal
  • Local Airport: EGAE/AA
  • Favourite Aircraft: Cold War jets
Re: Controlled Explosion At Stansted.
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2021, 12:37:58 PM »
I got caught in one at Ciampino about 15/20 years ago, never seen anything of the kind handled so quickly and matter of factly in my life, and I grew up here in 70s/80s!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2021, 05:17:33 PM by Sneaky_Nikon »
Architect, Architect. VENGEANCE one one on fours.....