Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Newcastle Festival of Flight 22nd June 2019  (Read 10133 times)

Offline Sneaky_Nikon

• G8 Contact Group
  • Air Vice-Marshal
  • Local Airport: EGAE/AA
  • Favourite Aircraft: Cold War jets
Re: Newcastle Festival of Flight 22nd June 2019
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2019, 10:56:57 AM »
It's not just here, outside of the couple of famous "biggies" most shows now are more akin to the "barnstorming" shows of the early days of aviation than what I was used to growing up in the Eighties and I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in them.
Architect, Architect. VENGEANCE one one on fours.....

Offline jasT1981

• G8 Contact Group
  • Air Chief Marshal
    • Airshows NI
  • Favourite Aircraft: Avro Lancaster
  • Camera Used: Canon EOS 700D & EOS 2000D
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2019, 02:12:05 PM »
I may be in the minority, I still really enjoy the Newcastle show. My only complaint this year was the Dakota and Tucano were too far out. Everything else was ok for a 300mm lens.

Though yes, I have had to find myself going to RIAT, Duxford and Cosford (and even Heathrow) to satisfy my airshow needs. I look at Newcastle as a fun family day and just sit back and relax on the lawns of the Slieve and enjoy whatever comes.

Newcastle 2014 and Portrush 2015 were the last shows here aimed at enthusiasts, and I don't see those days coming back.

Even Bray has been hit hard this year.

Images from FB so quality has been reduced.

Online Angry Turnip

• Global Moderator
  • Marshal of the Air Force
  • Local Airport: BFS
  • Favourite Aircraft: Hawker Hunter/Harrier
  • A-P.net Photos: 1
« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2019, 04:24:18 PM »
For my 2pence worth, any clips I have seen of the majority of Newcastle shows, almost everything is too far out for 95% of the display for any decent photos.

Aerobatic prop display teams are of very little interest to me,The Blades do something a bit different, but the others are just plain boring, and we have seen them

all so many times before.Even the Reds were miles out from videos I have seen, well at least the weather behaved itself this year.

I have never gone to the show at Newcastle, and this years lineup wasn`t going to change that situiation.

Offline jasT1981

• G8 Contact Group
  • Air Chief Marshal
    • Airshows NI
  • Favourite Aircraft: Avro Lancaster
  • Camera Used: Canon EOS 700D & EOS 2000D
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2019, 08:16:43 PM »
I do think living in Newcastle sways my feelings lol. It's great to have a show on my doorstep. But a bit like Portrush, if I lived elsewhere it might be harder to bring myself to go.

Offline ed-209

• Military Movements Group
  • Squadron Leader
  • Local Airport: Belfast City
  • Favourite Aircraft: Supermarine Spitfire
  • Camera Used: Canon 70D/7D Mk 2 + CANON EF 70-300 mm f/4-5.6L USM+ Sigma 150-600mm IS Sigma 150-600mm
« Reply #54 on: July 02, 2019, 12:28:41 AM »
I have included a link to my work in progress FLCKR page...too many photos to convert and post. I loved Newcastle this year....from a photographic point of view... I agree with Mr AT on some of his points.... displays where so far out that the person I was with who had a 300mm lens gave up. I struggled with the Tucano display using the 600...no idea why he was so far and the wingwalkers so close in!!!The only thing missing was the wildcat aerobatic team and to be honest if Newcastle had of had them as well then the smoke set would have been completed :) Still had to crop my photos on the small stuff but a 300 is deffo a waste of time these days!!! Roll on Duxford Flying Legends!!! The bretling Jet team would be great for Newcastle!!!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/153090095@N06/
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 12:36:37 AM by ed-209 »