Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Spitfire and PA28 near miss  (Read 712 times)

Offline Angry Turnip

• Global Moderator
  • Marshal of the Air Force
  • Local Airport: BFS
  • Favourite Aircraft: Hawker Hunter/Harrier
  • Camera Used: Nikon D7100 with Sigma 150-600mm F5-6.3 DG HSM OS and Nikon AF-S DX VR 55-300mm f/4-5.6
  • A-P.net Photos: 1
Spitfire and PA28 near miss
« on: May 26, 2019, 04:10:45 PM »
This was featured on the BBC News website,but I did not include the link, as it includes the usual poor journalism, so often affecting aviation related incidents.

I have just included the link to the report,both pilots have very different views of what happened.

https://www.airproxboard.org.uk/uploadedFiles/Content/Standard_content/Airprox_report_files/2018/Airprox%20Report%202018276.pdf
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 04:11:15 PM by Angry Turnip »

Offline jasT1981

• G8 Contact Group
  • Air Chief Marshal
    • Airshows NI
  • Favourite Aircraft: Avro Lancaster
  • Camera Used: Canon EOS 700D
Re: Spitfire and PA28 near miss
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2019, 01:47:47 PM »
BBC got a lot of outrage on their reporting of this, and rightly so.

Their article seemed to just grab any pic of a Spitfire they could find and it turned out to be the Grace Spitfire, and seemed to heavily imply that it was the Spitfire involved. Which, as it turns out was not involved in the incident.

The Grace family had to put out a statement saying this was not them and the article could have been very damaging for their reputation.

Please be advised this is NOT our Spitfire (although it is pictured) and the BBC News should be held accountable for the damage they have caused to our reputation. Please share, we would be most grateful!

Offline Sneaky_Nikon

• G8 Contact Group
  • Air Vice-Marshal
  • Local Airport: EGAE/AA
  • Favourite Aircraft: Cold War jets
Re: Spitfire and PA28 near miss
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2019, 01:55:22 PM »
I noticed several of the reports I read online had "Stock Spitfire image used" or words to that effect dispalyed prominently, the lawyers must have been at work.
Architect, Architect. VENGEANCE one one on fours.....