Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Breitling Jet Team disband  (Read 3506 times)

Offline jasT1981

• G8 Contact Group
  • Air Chief Marshal
    • Airshows NI
  • Favourite Aircraft: Avro Lancaster
  • Camera Used: Canon EOS 700D & EOS 2000D
Breitling Jet Team disband
« on: September 23, 2019, 05:21:42 PM »
Sad news today. They flew their last flight yesterday. I saw them 4 times this summer, fantastic display each time. Sad to see them go.

THE BREITLING JET TEAM THANKS YOU! 🔸
On behalf of the pilots, engineers, our assistant, our communication and administrative department... #thankyouforyoursupport

✈ For you, a message from Jacques Bothelin, leader of the team for 38 years, president founder #ApacheAviation :

"Yesterday we performed the last public display of the Breitling Jet Team, concluding our 17th season under Breitling's colours.
We have written together a major saga of the world of airshow, which I am sure will remain a reference for many years...

If I cannot hide a hint of frustration with this shutdown of our activities, I am proud to have brought our team to all these countries, to have performed thousands of displays there, to have flown thousands of passengers, in safety!

Thank you to all those who accompanied, supported, financed, and performed as actors in this incredible dream... but whose reality has carried us further than my most audacious craziness... we can be proud together!

With my sincere gratitude"

Offline Angry Turnip

• Global Moderator
  • Marshal of the Air Force
  • Local Airport: BFS
  • Favourite Aircraft: Hawker Hunter/Harrier
  • A-P.net Photos: 1
Re: Breitling Jet Team disband
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 07:42:02 PM »
That is very sad news, doubtless this is another victim of funding and insurance, we will likely hear more details in due course.
It would seem Breitling did not wish to re-new their sponsorship deal,the team are looking for other sponsors.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2019, 12:34:45 AM by Angry Turnip »

Offline jasT1981

• G8 Contact Group
  • Air Chief Marshal
    • Airshows NI
  • Favourite Aircraft: Avro Lancaster
  • Camera Used: Canon EOS 700D & EOS 2000D
Re: Breitling Jet Team disband
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 06:15:53 PM »
it looks like Apache Aviation have saved them. BJT posted this recently on their FB that Apache Aviation will forming a 7 ship L39 team and a 6 ship TB30 Epsilon team. It is a job advert for technicians to help service the aircraft etc.

As part of its expansion, APACHE AVIATION, implementing an aerobatic team of 7 L39 and 6 TB30 Epsilon, recruits aeronautical technicians at its base in Dijon-Longvic (France).
Experience on jet and piston required
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 06:17:36 PM by jasT1981 »