Author Topic: RIAT 2021 - CANCELLED  (Read 303 times)

Offline Merlin

• Global Moderator
  • Air Vice-Marshal
  • Cake or Death???
  • Local Airport: George Best Belfast City Airport (BHD/EGAC)
  • Favourite Aircraft: Merlin EH-101, Bell UH-1 Iroquois (Huey), Supermarine Spitfire
  • Camera Used: Nikon D5200, Sigma DG 150-500mm 1:5-6.3 APO HSM
  • Airliners.net Photos: 7
  • Jetphotos.net Photos: 45
  • A-P.net Photos: 10
RIAT 2021 - CANCELLED
« on: February 16, 2021, 10:00:19 PM »
While I hoped it wouldn't happen, today they made it official  :(

https://www.airtattoo.com/news/2021/feb/16/important-news-about-the-air-tattoo-2021

Plan is to roll tickets again to 2022 but not yet confirmed. Ticketholders will be contacted.

I wonder can accommodation bookings be rolled to next year?
Dec
---
"The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage."

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Offline jasT1981

• G8 Contact Group
  • Air Chief Marshal
    • Airshows NI
  • Favourite Aircraft: Avro Lancaster
  • Camera Used: Canon EOS 700D & EOS 2000D
Re: RIAT 2021 - CANCELLED
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2021, 12:20:16 AM »
I'm kinda screwed on the hotel for this year I think. Had Travelodge in Bristol booked but it looks like non-refundable. I'd be happy to take a credit voucher though as its my hotel of choice for RIAT. But I am resigned to the fact that it's money gone.

Tickets will 100% be rolled over for me. I have a top row seat in Grandstand above the isle for the Friday and Saturday, gives me a bit of room to stretch legs out at times. And Pimms booked for Sunday.

Sad to see it cancelled, I was really hoping to get to something this year. Hopefully Duxford in September will be happening, Cosford also talking about the week before Duxford in September. But this will probably be a washout again in 2021.

Offline Angry Turnip

• Global Moderator
  • Marshal of the Air Force
  • Local Airport: BFS
  • Favourite Aircraft: Hawker Hunter/Harrier
  • A-P.net Photos: 1
Re: RIAT 2021 - CANCELLED
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2021, 01:10:35 PM »
If You should be able to claim back the hotel booking if it was paid by credit card, as I believe most credit card transactions are insured.
I am not so sure about debit card payments, but it must be worth checking your bank / card issuer and the hotel and see if you can get a refund.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 09:22:38 PM by Angry Turnip »