News:

Apologies for the down time over the past couple of days. I've got to the bottom of the issue so hopefully everything should be back to normal.

Main Menu

Top Guns: Inside the RAF

Started by angry turnip, Sep 05, 2023, 12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angry turnip

Has anyone been watching this programme on Channel 4 ? Fairly interesting so far, dealing with Lossiemouth Typhoon  Sqn`s and P-8 Poseidon Sqn. Also some parts about RAF Akrotiri.

The main thing I have noticed in it, is the general lack of discipline, senior officers calling junior officers " mate " etc, really sloppy attitudes, also the very obvious influence of the Yanks way to do things.

I am probably being picky,lol. I noticed the sequence when a junior pilot was flying with the CO in a protect your wingman practise, the junior pilot made a mistake,the aircraft went below their set base height, he called " Knock It Off, Knock it Off" which is US style, in the past RAF pilots would have said " Break Off "
Also I don`t like those US style burger-van side caps they now use instead of the more stylish visor cap.
I know they had them during WWII, but they look awful

Jimi182

Maybe it's the RAF's way of appealing to a new generation of possible recruits, not that they should be changing things.

The RAF is the RAF and the Yanks are the Yanks lol.